- Submissions must be primarily news and developments relating to technology
- Self posts must contribute positively to /r/technology and foster reasonable discussion.
- Submissions relating to business and politics must be sufficiently within the context of technology in that they either view the events from a technological standpoint or analyse the repercussions in the technological world.
Please do not submit the following:
- i) Submissions violating the guidelines.
- ii) Images, audio or videos: Articles with supporting image and video content are allowed; if the text is only there to explain the media, then it is not suitable. A good rule of thumb is to look at the URL; if it’s a video hosting site, or mentions
videoin the URL, it’s not suitable.
- iii) Requests for tech support, asking questions or asking for help: submit to /r/techsupport,/r/AskTechnology, another relevant community or our weekly Support Saturday threads.
- iv) Petitions, Surveys or Crowdfunding – submissions of this nature will be removed.
- v) Submissions discussing the subreddit itself; they should be submitted to /r/TechnologyTalk, or messaged to the moderators of the subreddit.
- vi) Submissions discussing one or more incidents of customer support.
- vii) Mobile versions of sites and url shorteners: please directly submit the desktop version of a webpage in all cases.
- Remember the human You are advised to abide by reddiquette; it will be enforced when user behavior is no longer deemed to be suitable for a technology forum. Remember; personal attacks, directed abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form, are therefore not allowed and will be removed.
- Submissions must use either the articles title, or a suitable quote, either of which must:
- adequately describe the content
- adequately describe the content’s relation to technology
- be free of user editorialization or alteration of meaning.
5. Reddit-wide rules.
- If you see a rule-breaking submission, please report it and message the moderators with your reason.
- Want to host an AMA? Please message the moderators.
- Our /u/AutoModerator configuration may be viewed here.
- Removed threads will either be given a removal reason flair or comment response; please message the moderators if this did not occur.
- All legitimate, answerable modmail inquiries or suggestions will be answered to the best of our abilities within a reasonable period of time.
- Rule violators will be warned. Repeat offenders will be temporarily banned for a period from one to seven days. An unheeded final warning will result in a permanent ban. This may be reversed, however, upon evidence of suitable behavior.